ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Nutrition is the science that interprets the interaction of nutrients and other substances in food in relation to maintenance, growth, reproduction, health and disease of an organism. Upon completion of the specialist study program, the students will be acquainted with the methods for assessment of the nutritive status, energetic and nutritive needs of the healthy population and the population with illnesses caused by irregular diet. They will learn how to choose specific activities to maintain health and prevent or treat illnesses and be capable of doing jobs related to the food quality assessment and counselling aimed at dietary improvement.
The specialists of nutrition will gain competences to work in:
- Administration units at the level of the state/entity, which create public policies in the fields of education, economy, customer protection, health, sports and culture,
- Advisory centers for food and diet,
- Associations for consumer protection, diet, health and sports,
- Food and pharmacy industries,
- Institutes and departments oriented to human health and diet,
- Collective-nutrition institutions: preschools, schools, student dormitories, army barracks, homes for the third age,
- Hotels and health resorts,
- Fitness and spa centers.
Organization of the Program
Enrollment Preconditions: 300 ECTS
Duration: 2 semesters – 60 ECTS
Title: Specialist of Nutrition
Proponent of the Program: Center for Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Sarajevo
Instructors: Professors from various faculties, representing different scientific fields
TUITION FEE: 2,000 EUR (can be paid in installments)
How to apply?
- The program is open for PRE-APPLICATIONS, and the official ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE ON THE platform https://upis.unsa.ba/ from 30.08. to 01.10.2021.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Together with the online application and the Application form, candidates must submit the following documents:
- Original diploma or a certified copy of the original (or a graduation certificate if still waiting for the diploma to be issued)
- Diploma supplement/transcript of records, or a certified copy of the original
- Academic recognition of the diploma (for students who graduated from Universities outside of Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- CV to be sent at email@example.com
- Motivation letter
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of citizenship
For more information, please see: